Your rent is always due in advance, even if you are receiving Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. If you do not pay your rent, you risk losing your home.

Ways to pay your rent

Standing Order

You can set up a standing order to pay the rent. If you are planning to set up a standing order you will need your tenancy reference number. Please contact the office where a team member will be able to assist.

Standing orders need to be amended every year following a rent review and we will contact you in advance to remind you to change your standing order amount.

Bank Transfer

You can make a bank transfer via your bank’s online banking service. When making payment in this way please always ensure to provide your tenancy reference number. Please contact the office if you do not know your tenancy reference number.

Housing Benefit/Universal Credit

If you need to make a claim for housing benefit or universal credit, please do so by contacting the local housing benefit department in order to submit a claim. If you would like help or support with this, please contact a member of the PRHA team who will be able to assist.

Cheque by post

You can pay your rent by cheque at our office:
Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association, Ruskin House, 2a Ruskin Road, Portsmouth PO4 8RQ

Please make your cheque payable to Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association and remember to write your name & address on the back of the cheque.

Having trouble with paying your rent?

If you have difficulty paying your rent, don’t wait – Contact Us immediately. We will be able to offer you advice and support.

Find out more about rent arrears and getting advice on debt and welfare from Citizens Advice.

Portsmouth Citizens Advice Ark Royal House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, PORTSMOUTH, Hampshire, PO1 2GF

Fareham Citizens Advice 1st Floor, County Library Building, Osborn Road, FAREHAM, Hampshire, PO16 7EN

Age Concern